Monday, October 20, 2008

A relief to the UAC headache...

I've been so tired and irritated to see those annoying dialog boxes that Vista pops up everytime I try to install/uninstall something or change/delete some files on the C Drive. Worst part is it doesn't even give complete information in the dialog. I disabled it once and was rewarded with a host of viruses. Had to reformat my comp and had to enable UAC.
Finally some relief. Was going thru an article in TOI where i came across this new tool developed by Norton labs. I immediately installed it of course after UAC confirmed with me if i really want to install the program. And the next time the UAC dialog box came up when i wanted to remove a program from startup, it gave me quite some info and the best part of the tool, it gave me an option to "remember this". So next time I remove it from the startup, I don't have to give permission to the UAC to do wat i wanted.
And ya here's the link for the Tool..
http://www.nortonlabs.com/inthelab/uac.php

2 comments:

Naarya said...

woww...thts useful...
n hey..change ur profile pic...after the distortion...doesn luk tht gud...

Gowtham said...

:) I realised that and removed the photo before even i read your comment. New one coming up soon..